‘Thank you emails after interview’ are thought to be dead. But the fact is, they are still working really good. In today’s world, most of the interviews are taken through Skype or social media. Hence, interview follow up letter becomes necessary. These interviews seem to be a bit difficult. Although, people take these interviews as the final verdict when the competition is strong then thank you email plays very important role. We are going to discuss in details, the interview follow up letter and its importance.Start Your Idea Today!
Why write a thank you email?
In the hiring process, sometimes the managers find two or more people who have very strong matching skills set. They find it difficult to choose one. There come creativity and good interview follow up letter! Keeping in touch with the organization means that you are interested and serious. Isn’t it so?
Read this too: Comprehensive List of Small Business Ideas
So, what you need to do? You have to send a thank you email which would serve as interview follow up letter after every interview. Leaving a polite thank you email is always helpful.
Why do the smartest people fail in interviews? Sometimes, the brilliant people fail the interview just because they don’t bother to follow the rules. Hiring managers are always looking for people who are team players. To be a team player, you need to have great communication skills.
Thank you email after phone interview is also very important. Phone interviews are less common, though. You need to make sure that you don’t lose due to lack of communication. These are the small things but matters a lot. When it comes to the business world, things are formal and sometimes complicated as well.
You need to follow this thank you email format:
How should be the email written? It is very easy yet tricky. The best sample thank you email after the interview would have the following things.
- The subject line of the email
- Thank you Email body
- Body Content of interview follow up letter
- End of the interview follow up letter.
Time to see an example here!
The body of the email would have some more details which may include the following things. Starting off with the best email salutations. And talking about the interview and reminding them of your experience and skills set. To end the email, you would close it by giving your portfolio and LinkedIn URL with the contact number.
Whether it is a follow up email after sending resume or thank you letter follow some basic steps. Here’s how to write a perfect thank you email after an interview in a few easy steps:
Create a clear subject line
Open with a personal greeting
Express your appreciation
Restate that you’re interested in the job
Refer to something specific you discussed during an interview
Say you can provide additional information
Close with a professional sign-off
Things to do:
- Send your email as soon as possible after the interview. The best option is within 24 hrs.
- You need to include all of your interviewers, so CC them or just send separate emails to every one of the panels.
- Must include the job position for which you have applied.
- A one line reminder of qualification is important.
- Links to the online portfolio are always important.
- Always proofread your email before hitting the Send button!
Here is the best template for thank you email after phone interview.
Things to avoid while writing a thank you email:
You need to avoid these things when sending your thank you email.
- Don’t stalk your interviewers. It won’t help at all.
- You need to be careful, don’t send your weak points.
- Sending a meme or informal things would ruin all your efforts.
- It’s really bad to send misspelled, grammatically incorrect emails.
Thank you email after interview examples:
The most appropriate email would be like this one.
Other examples can be found in Job Interview Tools
Best Practices for Interview Follow up letter …
Follow these important guidelines when writing an email for the job.
- Your message must be short and perfect.
- Write a unique message text.
- Creative writing is a must-have skill.
- The tone needs to be formal or balanced.
These tips are very effective and acceptable all the time. The first impression is the last impression. So, make sure your impression is great. Good writing skill is always appreciated.
Finally, while sending your thank you email, don’t try to be cute or funny. You need No emoticons 🙁 and no texting language of social media like (LOL). Let’s know if you have something to add to this post.
This is what we got for you. Small things work a lot. Hope you like it.